FLEXCON EXPANSION VESSELS
For Sealed Heating & Chilled Water Installations (Types 2-80)
Expansion vessels for sealed heating installations (acc. to EN12828) and chilled water (cooling) installations. When the temperature in the installation rises, the system water will expand. The ‘expansion water’ is stored temporarily in the expansion vessel to keep the pressure in the installation at the correct level.
- The best expansion vessels thanks to our groundbreaking technology.
- The extremely low permeability of the diaphragm ensures that pre-charge pressure is maintained for a long time.
- The flexible diaphragms with rolling action are preformed and, in contrast to a bag type bladder, prevent stretching so that their properties are preserved over the long term.
- The unique clench ring construction clamps the diaphragm between the two vessel halves. This not only ensures a perfect seal but also prevents mechanical damage of the diaphragm during use (load distribution over the entire clamping area and not at 1 suspension point).
- The gas side is filled with nitrogen, and not with air, so that corrosion is prevented and the pressure loss is even more limited.
- The ribbed profile on the diaphragm prevents it from sticking to the inside wall of the vessel and ensures an inflow of expansion water at the slightest increase in pressure.
- Uncoated water connection thread ensures an easy and watertight installation.
- Top-quality steel and diaphragms.
- Finished with a gleaming epoxy-powder coating.
- Each vessel is factory tested.
- Expansion vessels 8 - 80 litres:
- The two halves of the vessel are coated prior to assembly, not afterwards. Therefore there is no risk of corrosion on the clamp ring.
- The nitrogen air valve is countersunk on the vessel to protect it from damage, it is in turn further protected by a plastic cover plate.